The Three Part Physician Education program includes:
PART 1. INTRODUCTION TO AGE MANAGEMENT MEDICINE
Part One is divided into nine self-study, web-based modules and a pre-and post-test evaluation. These modules take approximately 15 hours to complete, provide the foundation for the live course and must be completed in advance of participation in the live course.
The nine modules are:
• Introduction to Age Management Medicine
• Nutrition in Age Management Medicine
• The Role of DHEA Supplementation in Age Management Medicine
• Hormone Modulation for Women
• Subclinical Hypothyroidism
• Testosterone Modulation for Men and Women
• The Evidence-Based Exercise Prescription
• Growth Hormone Evaluation of the Aging Adult
PART 2. EVIDENCE-BASED AGE MANAGEMENT MEDICINE THEORY
Part Two is a live, five-day session. It is a dynamic, interactive, educational experience in which physicians engage in a small group setting with our age management medicine expert. You will immerse yourself in the evidence based curriculum of age management medicine and on the final day utilize actual patient case studies to explore the practical aspects of case management.
PART 3. ONLINE POST COMPETENCY EVALUATION
Part Three is an Online Post Competency Evaluation the physician completes following the successful completion of Parts One and Two.
- Evaluate various theories of aging including genetics, oxidative stress, glycation, and telomere shortening.
- Obtain a comprehensive health history that is pertinent to Age Management Medicine.
- Interpret laboratory studies differentiating between optimal and normal values.
- Formulate an individual treatment plan, integrating Age Management Medicine concepts and utilizing evidence-based principles.
- Identify the fundamentals of nutrition and nutrient deficiencies. and formulate a plan to correct.
- Describe the components of low glycemic/anti-inflammatory nutrition, formulate a nutrition plan and teach patients how to incorporate and maintain these nutritional plans.
- Describe the role inflammation plays in disease development, implement appropriate care to prevent or mitigate it.
- Educate patients in the importance of exercise/fitness and develop an exercise prescription, including high intensity interval training to help them apply these concepts into their lifestyle and health management routines.
- Describe the fundamentals of DEXA scanning and bone density, correlating lab results and VO2 testing.
- Educate patients on the basics of endocrine physiology relating to health and wellness.
- Implement the age management approach to hormone replacement therapy (HRT), if indicated, in the care of the aging female.
- Identify estrogen dominance, hypogonadism and other hormone imbalances in men and treat appropriately, if indicated.
- Develop and implement a plan to resolve any presenting side effects and promote adherence to the treatment regimen.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of individualized treatment plans with your patients through careful and consistent follow-up and monitoring.
AMMEF course today!