Part two is a live, five-day session. It’s a dynamic, interactive, educational experience in which physicians engage in a small group setting with our Age Management Medicine expert. You will immerse yourself in the evidence-based curriculum of Age Management Medicine and on the final day utilize actual patient case studies to explore the practical aspects of case management. Following these sessions, the physician takes a comprehensive competency test online.
On-site course curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Age Management Medicine
- Fitness Programs in Clinical Practice and Principles of Exercise Training
- Aerobic Exercise and VO2 Max Assessment
- Principles of Resistance Training
- Interval Training Programs
- General Principles of Nutrition Management
- Hormonal and Non-Hormonal Strategies for Optimal Body Composition
- Controlling Systemic Inflammation
- Central Control of Body Weight and Appetite
- Metabolic Consequences of the Transition from the Ancestral Diet to Modern Day Diet
- Non Dietary Approaches to Weight Management
- Differential Effects of Low Fat and Low Carbohydrate Diets on Cardio Metabolic Parameters
- Novel Strategies for Improving Weight Loss
- Clinical Management of Hormone Therapy and Case Studies
- Care of the Aging Male – How to Assess for Hormonal Deficiencies
- Menopause/Perimenopause – Risks & Benefits of Hormonal Replacement Therapies
- Thyroid – What do the Studies Tell Us?
After these modules are complete, you will transition to Part 3 .